Terms and conditions
The term ‘Adrian Lloyd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website who is based at The Lilacs, Dundraw, Wigton, Cumbria CA7 0DP. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Adrian Lloyd’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Delivery and Postage:
Whilst it would be wrong to claim that I offer free delivery and postage, for simplicity and so that I can spend more time making and less time at the computer, delivery and postage is included in the product cost displayed in the shop. You will not be charged any extra for delivery within the UK – the prices you see are the total of what you will pay.
Goods are always sent by Royal Mail first class or Parcel Force special delivery unless otherwise requested. I do sometimes send individual or smaller items by Royal Mail 2nd Class delivery to keep the cost to you as low as possible in relation to the cost of the product. You should receive goods within seven working days of ordering.
- UK shipping – directly through the website
- International shipping – please contact me for a shipping quote
- Special requirements – please email
Incorrect order, faulty or damaged goods:
In the unlikely event of this happening you may of course return the product for a full refund including postage. Or, if you prefer I will refund the return postage and send out the correct order.
If you decide to cancel the order you must notify me by in writing or by email of this within seven working days of receiving your goods for a refund. You must then return the goods and are responsible for the postage costs. You have a statutory duty to take reasonable care of the goods; if they are damaged I may recover the direct cost of this damage.
All craft products have been made by myself. There will be some variation in the size and shape of my products and as such you will not find an exactly matching pair. Due to the very nature of working with green wood and with hand tools there will be some variation between similar products but the high quality should not vary. If a product fails in use then please contact me to discuss the problem, if it fails because of a fault in the craftsmanship it will be replaced. Exceptions to this include but are not limited to: wear through use, general misuse and corrosion of metal goods not properly cared for. If in doubt about this please phone me.
Supply of Edged Tools:
It is illegal for me to supply any edged tool to anyone under the age of 18, I will check the details of any order for these and if I am unable to confirm the buyer’s eligibility I will request further proof of age.
Address for Returns/Correspondence:Adrian Lloyd The Lilacs Dundraw Wigton Cumbria CA7 0DP +44 (0) 16973 49993
- We do not accept a deposit to secure a workshop place unless specifically mentioned in the individual workshop description.
- Payment in full is required to secure a workshop place unless specifically mentioned in the individual workshop description.
- To make bookings as simple as possible we do not offer a cancellation policy.
- We also do not allow you to transfer your booking to an alternative workshop should you need to cancel.
- If you find you are no longer able to attend a workshop that has already been booked we will allow you to transfer the workshop place to another individual, as long as we are provided with the details of the new course participant beforehand. This provides you with the opportunity to sell the place on if you find you need to re-coup your costs. We do not ask for a charge for this.
- If for whatever reason we need to cancel a workshop that has already taken bookings, we will refund the full cost to all participants that have already booked a place.
- When booking a workshop you give your consent that we make take photographs or video clips of you during the course of the workshop, and that we may use these for celebrating, promoting or advertising the work that we do. This may include, but is not limited to, use on our website or promotional literature, sharing through the various social media platforms that we subscribe to or use by the local press. Should you not agree to this it is your responsibility to notify us when you attend your booked workshop.
- When booking a workshop with us, or buying a product from us, you give your consent that we may add any email address that we hold for you to our mailing list. This is purely for the purposes of being able to provide you with future news, course reviews and successes, new workshop dates and product launches, along with any special promotional offers that we feel may be of interest to you. Your email address will be used solely by us for these purposes and will not be shared or distributed in any form to any third party.
This may seem to some like quite an inflexible approach, but we would rather spend as much of our time making and teaching and as little as is necessary on administrating, we hope you understand.